St. Wenceslas Church

 Shortly after the founding of the Břeclav castle, in the bailey near the present town square, a church dedicated to St. Wenceslas was established; in 1141 it was one of the six most important churches in Moravia. On the same site several churches were gradually built, the last of which was destroyed during the bombing of Břeclav in 1944. The place in the middle of the square was then left empty until the mid-nineties of 20th century, when a new church was consecrated here, again with St. Wenceslas as a patron.

When viewed from the outside, very impressive is the placement of bells in the vista between the towers. In the basement of the church, uncovered portions of the original Romanesque church have been made accessible. Here you can also see a permanent exhibition documenting individual periods of the existence of the church in Břeclav from the Romanesque period up to now.

Opening hours

July, August: daily 8:30–12:00, 13:30–18:00 

Address

Kostel sv. Václava
nám. T. G. Masaryka 8
690 02 Břeclav

Contact

phone number: 519 371 413

Nearby points of interest

Tourist sights

> all
Stálá expozice Židovská Břeclav Břeclav
0.1 km
map
Synagogue Břeclav
•  Jewish monument
0.1 km
map
Lichtenštejnský dům - stálá expozice Břeclav
0.1 km
map
Zámek Břeclav Břeclav
•  Castle, chateau
0.3 km
map
Městské muzeum a galerie Břeclav Břeclav
•  Museum
0.4 km
map
Galerie Villa Elux
Galerie Villa Elux Břeclav
•  Gallery
0.5 km
map

Activities

> all
Lezecká stěna
Lezecká stěna Břeclav
•  Adrenaline sports
0.2 km
map
TJ Lokomotiva Břeclav
TJ Lokomotiva Břeclav Břeclav
•  Bowling, ninepins, petanque
0.2 km
map
Delta Club Bowling
Delta Club Bowling Břeclav
•  Bowling, ninepins, petanque
0.4 km
map

Events

> all
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.