Apollo’s Temple

In 1817–1819 Johann Karl Engel built a pavilion with an observation terrace and superstructure on the hill above the Mlýnský rybník pond according to the design of architect Josef Kornhäusel. The sculptural decoration, which was transferred here from the closed-down Temple of the Muses, comes from Joseph Klieber and thematically relates to ancient God Apollo. The temple gave its name also to a nearby camp by the pond.

Newly opened was the terrace of the Apollo’s temple, which offers a beautiful view of the surroundings.

Opening hours

July, August: Tue–Sun 10:00–16:30
June, September: Sa, So 10:00–16:30
In the case of rainy weather terrace is closed.

Entrance fee

full: 20 CZK

Address

Apollonův chrám
691 44 Lednice

Contact

phone number: +420 732 448 353

Nearby points of interest

Tourist sights

> all
Nový dvůr Farm Valtice
•  Sights
1.6 km
map
Lázně Lednice Lednice
•  Spa facility
1.8 km
map
Lovecký zámeček Lednice
•  Castle, chateau
2.0 km
map
Lednicko-valtický areál
Lednicko-valtický areál
•  Cultural landscape and the UNESCO •  Bottomland landscape and waters
2.0 km
map
Rybniční zámeček Lednice
•  Sights
2.1 km
map
Temple of Three Graces Valtice
•  Sights
2.2 km
map

Activities

> all
Mlýnský rybník
Mlýnský rybník Lednice
•  Open-air swimming-bath
0.2 km
map
Lázně Lednice - krytý bazén
Lázně Lednice - krytý bazén Lednice
•  Swimming pool
1.8 km
map
Penzion Myslivna
Penzion Myslivna Lednice
•  Bowling, ninepins, petanque
2.2 km
map

Events

> all
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.