Drnholec

Position

The townlet, founded on a high terrace above the floodplain of the Thaya (Czech: Dyje) river, lies about 15 km to the northwest of Mikulov.

History

The first written mention of Drnholec dates back to the 13th century. The townlet was the property of the Lichtenstein and later the Teifenbach family. Drnholec used to be an important centre of trade and crafts, many craftsmen lived there, associated in guilds.

Sights

In the first half of the 18th century, the Church of the Holy Trinity was built there and the old Church of St. Martin was rebuilt into a two-storey rectory. Another listed historic building is the former town hall from 1591. The once considerable wealth of the town was reflected by the decoration of the marketplace – the Marian column near the Church.

Address

Drnholec

Contact

Tourist sights

> all
Rozhledna U Křížku Drnholec
•  Hiking
map

Events

> all
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.