Zaječí

Position

The municipality of Zaječí is situated about 14 km to the northeast of Mikulov.

History

The village was founded at the beginning of the 13th century and colonized by German inhabitants. In 1638, the village was annexed to the Lednice manor. After World War II, German property was confiscated and 913 new settlers, mainly from the closest neighbourhood, moved in.

Sights

The Church of St. John the Baptist (Czech: Sv. Jan Křtitel) from 1508 was built in the late Gothic style. After the fire of 1848 and reconstructions, the body was modernized and only a presbytery remained from the old building. On the outer jacket of the Church, there is a gravestone of priest Stanislav Reisinger from 1585 with a Czech inscription. In the centre of the village, there is a sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký) from the 19th century. The chapel from 1710 is dedicated to St. Florian.

Address

Zaječí
Školní 401
691 05 Zaječí

Contact

phone number: +420 519 351 190, 519 351 422
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.