The wine municipality of Klentnice lies on the foothill of the Stolová hora in the Protected Landscape Area of Pálava, about 5 km to the north of Mikulov.


The area of the municipality has been settled almost constantly since the Bronze Age. The most important archaeological locality is Tabulová hora and Kotel, which are protected as archaeological sites. The name of the municipality indicates original Slavic settlement and is derived from the noun proper - Klement. The garbled German variation of Glempitz was recoded in writing in 1332. The original Slavic people were decimated by wars in the borderland and in the 13th century German colonists arrived. Throughout its existence, the village belonged to the Mikulov manor.


The most important monument is the ruin of the castle called Sirotčí hrad (also Růžový hrad or Weisenstein), towering over the village, from the turn of the 13th and 14th century. Listed monuments also include a wayside shrine on the road to Pavlov, the Church of St. George (Czech: Sv. Jiří) and a statue of St. Florian and John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký). The present day appearance of the Church of St. George comes from 1783–1785, but it was consecrated already in 1582. Its decoration is partly a work of a known artist Ondřej Schweigl.


Klentnice lies in the middle of interesting natural sites. The National Nature Reserve of Děvín-Kotel-Soutěska, Tabulová hora, Růžový vrch and Kočičí kámen extend into its area.


Klentnice 24
692 01 Klentnice


phone number: +420 519 515 171
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.