Nový Přerov

Position

The wine municipality of Nový Přerov lies near the border with Austria, about 15 km to the east of Mikulov.

History

The municipality was originally located where the village of Alt Prerau (Czech: Starý Přerov) is today on the Austrian side of the border. The original Starý Přerov was first mentioned in written records in 1350, during the Czech-Hungarian Wars in the 15th century it was abandoned for an entire century. Towards the end of 1570, Nový Přerov was established on the new place, and it was inhabited by Croats, who remained there until the mid-20th century. After World War II, the locals moved to North Moravia and the municipality was resettled by re-emigrants from Bulgaria.

Sights

The most important historic building is the Church of Archangel Michael, rebuilt in the late 17th century from an original chapel from 1600. The Church has a preserved Baroque core from the end of the 17th century and there is an interesting stone Cross of Christ inside.

Nature

On the northern edge of the municipality, there is some remaining halophytic vegetation. This includes protected species: Plantago Maritima and Dandelion (Taraxacum bessarabicum). On the hill called Přerovský vrch and the ‎hillock called Lange Wart close to the Austrian border, notable examples of steppe vegetation with protected thermophilic flora were preserved.

Address

Nový Přerov
Nový Přerov 54
691 81 Nový Přerov

Contact

phone number: +420 519 521 314
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.