Pasohlávky

Position

The wine municipality of Pasohlávky lies on the northern bank of the Nové Mlýny dam, near the main road from Brno to Vienna, about 15 km to the northwest of Mikulov.

History

In the area of Pasohlávky, there is a significant archaeological locality – Hradisko u Mušova, with the only buildings from the period of Ancient Rome – the Roman Fort (Czech: Římská pevnost) – found in our country. Pasohlávky were first mentioned in writing in connection with year 1276. The village was abandoned during the Czech-Hungarian Wars in the 15th century and re-settled in the first half of the 16th century, probably by Croat inhabitants. After the Battle of Bílá hora, it was confiscated and acquired by Cardinal František Dietrichstein. During the Thirty Year’s War, the village was plundered and was among the worst damaged villages in the entire Břeclav region.
The village was affected by the changes related to the construction of the Nové Mlýny Waterworks – due to flooding of the neighbouring municipality of Mušov (in 1980), some of the Mušov inhabitants moved to Pasohlávky (and Pohořelice). The last remainder of the extinct village is the famous Mušov Church on an island in the middle of the Věstonice dam.

Sights

The main landmark of the municipality is the Church of St. Anna. Originally, there used to be the Chapel of Holy Spirit (Czech: Sv. Duch) in its place on the village square, which was rebuilt and transformed into a church in 1811. Seven years later, its tower was built. Near the Church, there is also a listed monument – a sculpture of St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký) from the 2nd half of the 18th century. Noteworthy is also an archaeological exhibition in the ATC Merkur Pasohlávky camping site, dedicated to the findings left behind by the X Roman Legion in the 2nd century A.D. in the Roman Fort.

Nature

The municipality lies on the northern bank of the upper dam of the Nové Mlýny Waterworks. To the east of the municipality, there is a strip of alluvial forests in the Jihlava floodplain, where the Nature Reserve of Betlém was established to protect an important waterfowl locality and a place of amphibian breeding. A part of the land was flooded by the Nové Mlýny dams. The central reservoir with an island was declared the Nature Reserve of Věstonice Dam in 1994. It is an important birds’ nesting area and a migration stop for waterfowl.

Address

Pasohlávky
Pasohlávky 1
691 22 Pasohlávky

Contact

phone number: +420 519 427 710
fax: +420 519 427 713

Tourist sights

> all
Novomlýnské nádrže (Nové Mlýny Dams) Brod nad Dyjí Dolní Věstonice Pasohlávky Pavlov Strachotín Šakvice Milovice
•  Fauna and flora •  Bottomland landscape and waters
map
Roman Fort Pasohlávky
•  Archaeology
map
The Church of St. Linhart – Mušov Dolní Věstonice Pasohlávky
•  Religious Sites
map
Naučná stezka Věstonická nádrž
Naučná stezka Věstonická nádrž Pasohlávky
•  Nature trails and bike paths
map
Archaeological exhibition Pasohlávky
•  Museum
map
TAMTAMY ČASU v Aqualandu Moravia Pasohlávky
map

Events

> all
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.