The wine municipality of Perná is situated in the western part of the Protected Landscape Area of Pálava, about 6 km north of Mikulov.


The first written mention of the municipality comes from 1305. In 1323, the provost of Kounice monastery promised to arrange for worship in the Chapel of Saint Nicholas (Czech: Sv. Mikuláš). According to an important deed issued by King John of Bohemia (Czech: Jan Lucemburský) it was called 'Pergren' in the same year. From the beginning to the end of 1948, the village belonged to the Mikulov manor.


The parish Church of Saint Nicolas from 1510–1583 belongs to the architectonic jewels of South Moravia. Other listed monuments include the rectory from the 18th century and three sculptures on the village square: a statue of St. John of Nepomuk (Czech: Sv. Jan Nepomucký, 1738), a sculpture of the Holy Trinity (1865) and an Empire fountain (1902). To the northwest of the village, there are the remains of a former Chapel of St. Anthony of Padua (Czech: Sv. Antonín Paduánský) built in 1652.


Perná’s wine from the hill called Purgmanická hora was known far and wide. An important moment was the foundation of a wine cultivating station in 1946. The first major success was cultivation of the PÁLAVA variety in 1979, another variety called AURELIUS was approved in 1983.


Perná lies on the foothill of the Pavlovské vrchy; the National Nature Reserve of Děvín-Kotel-Soutěska and the National Nature Reserve of Tabulová, Růžový vrch and Kočičí kámen extend into its area. The reserves have important steppe and forest habitats of the Pavlovské vrchy, with many protected species of plants and animals. On the foothill of the Obora, there is also a steppe fallowland.


Perná 294
691 86 Perná


phone number: +420 519 517 135, 604 285 726
fax: 519 517 135
Realizováno v rámci projektu Tvorba a propagace produktů,
realizace marketingové kampaně v turistické oblasti Pálava a LVA.
Tento projekt je spolufinancován Evropskou unií.